SHOP TALK: THE BEAT GOES ON

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two firefighters were injured in a Frankford fire on Sunday morning.

The fire broke out in a three-story home around 8:30 a.m. in the 1100 block of Arrott Street in Frankford.

Two firefighters were transported to Temple University Hospital in stable condition. A 41-year-old male suffered from smoke inhalation, and a 52-year-old male suffered from burns to the ears and neck. It took firefighters almost an hour to bring the fire under control at 9:21 a.m. No word as to what sparked the fire. LINK

Smoke inhalation and burns. Inhaling poisonous, toxic smoke and having your flesh burned. That’s what our guys are going through today as the injury count to PFD members climbs once again. While most of us slept in on this rainy sunday morning, firefighters from my Battalion were working to control a house fire and getting injured in the process. It’s still early but I’ll get a full rundown of this job when I get to work tonight. Luckily the early reports seem to indicate that the injuries aren’t life threatening. Luckily.

Undoubtedly the absence of Engine 14 due to cutbacks factored heavily into this fire.

Our job has become so devastated by cuts and bad leadership that we now rely on luck. Scary.

Advertisements

5 Responses to SHOP TALK: THE BEAT GOES ON

  1. madmike59 says:

    7’s then 33? Long ride

  2. UPDATE- THREE FIREFIGHTERS WERE INJURED ACCORDING TO 6 ABC.

  3. Old NFO says:

    Sad, and I’ve got the feeling it is going to get worse before it gets better… Be careful out there CA!

  4. madmike59 says:

    Tough stuff. Cuts are bad everywhere. Stay safe!

  5. Bob G. says:

    Cap:
    Luck ain’t NO way to be on the street (in the job)…

    That’s for sure.
    Take care and stay safe out there.

%d bloggers like this: