PARKSIDE – August 11, 2010 (WPVI) — A 5-year-old girl is being treated for burns to her torso and smoke inhalation after fire broke out in an apartment in Philadelphia’s Parkside section. The fire broke out around 9:12 Wednesday morning at a 3-story apartment dwelling at the end of a row block in the area of 41st and Polar Streets. Rescue crews arrived on scene at approximately 9:14 a.m. and had flames under control at 9:23 a.m. There is no word at this time what sparked the blaze. Officials say the emergency response to this fire was not affected by the brownouts. LINK
No kidding, only three days later. Amazing what firefighters can do when they aren’t being put out of service, cut back or otherwise closed down. Anyone still think this is about overtime???? This little girl is lucky Engine 16 was is service this morning or she too would be just another statistic.
And another thing…where is the extensive news coverage of a RESCUE OF A CHILD? As far as our local media goes only the fire DEATH of a child is news worthy. How is that for twisted?